• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

2011 F1 fancy plecos from apistomaster

Apistomaster

5 Year Member
2011 F1 fancy plecos from apistomaster

Hi my pleco seekers. I still have L134, now formally described as Peckoltia compta and well known as the Leopard Frog Pleco and the handsome, Hypancistrus sp L333 for sale this year. Please note my supply of L134 is not as numerous this year as they were as last year and the prices for wild fish are running around $50 to $60 each. My L134 are all at least 10 months old and I have been able to spawn them as young as 2 years old.
This year the L134 will be priced at 6/$240.

The Hypancistrus sp L333 prices will remain the same as last year, 6/$150.

I will only sell in 6 pleco lots but I will accept any mix of my two species totaling 6 or more so if you wish to have a few of each that is fine. The individual prices will be $25 for L333 and $40 for L134 plus shipping and packaging.

All the fish I sell are between 2 and 2-3/4 inches in total length which is about the same size as most of the wild fish when it comes to the Leopard Frogs.
For now, Brazil is still not allowing the collection and exporting of their wild Hypancistrus although L333 are being considered for being placed back on their "fish allowed for export list" but a final decision has not been published as of this time. L333 reach a maximum size in aquariums of about 4-1/2 inches typically.
L134 usually reach a maximum size of about 3-3/4 inches.

I charge a flat rate of $45 to cover Express mail to any of the lower 48 States.
I have a box charge of $10. My actual cost for my boxes is $13.50 and I use breathable bags so 6 of those is about another $1.50. Basically I am going to absorb 1/3 of the cost of my shipping materials and passing on the rest to my customers.

I plan to begin shipping out fish beginning in April but exactly when depends on the prevailing weather between where you and I live. Last year I was able to begin shipping out around April 10th.

I have a large supply of L333 but not so many L134 so it will be a first come first served for the L134 plecos.

I want all to know these are both excellent plecos to keep with Discus but they seem to have trouble digesting a beef heart heavy diet. Once in awhile beef heart is OK but often if they are fed beef heart every day they develop a fatal bloat. They love beef heart but do not have the good sense to eat it in moderation. If you provide them some wood and or some caves they may be kept in bare bottom tanks but they look best in planted tanks where they can replace Corydoras as your primary bottom feeders.
They do best on a diet of frozen blood worms and earth worm sticks but they eat and thrive on all the popular Discus pellet foods. These plecos are best kept at 84*F. They are raised in tap water with a pH of 7.4 and a TDS of about 240 ppm. As long as your water is kept clean and warm, they will thrive in most any tap water or in soft, acid water. If you use soft, acid water you should acclimate these fish carefully but they are native to soft. acid rivers and occur in river systems known for their wild Discus.
Here are some representative photos of the fish I am selling and thank you for looking:
First L134 Leopard Frogs
2-L134-Smy.jpg

Next, the L333's
2-L333-Sm.jpg

Apistomaster

5 Year Member
I'm interested in some of your places if you have any left.
I have plenty of L333 but L134 supply is low enough people are reserving them with a $50 deposit. Send me a PM and I will send you my email so we can discuss what you are interested in.
Thanks,
Larry

JIM

Sweeet

Those are great lookin fish, wish i had them and you had a feather in your nose, we would both be tickled :biggrin:

Apistomaster

5 Year Member
For the past 2 years the wild fish the same size as my one year old L134 have been selling for $60 each by snookn21(aquabid) and belowwater.com, Oliver Lucanus has had them for 6/$300 Plus shipping of course.
I still haven't had any new spawns this year so they are over due. So I don't know if I will have any next year although I am setting uo 4 different F1 breeding groups of 3 year olds but until they spawn I don't cpount mu=y chicken. Next year my L134 price will be 6/$300 plus box and freight. so this is the last year I will be offering one year olf fish this cheap,
L333 prices will not change as they are easier to breed and more productive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkalmanson

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….