• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

10 gallon suggestions

cubsfan

5 Year Member
I have a cycled 10 gallon tank that I would like to introduce a pair or single dwarf cichlid into. So far the tank has 3 pristella tetras, but if necesarry, they could be moved to another tank. I also plan on doing a moderate amount of planting in the tank. Does anyone have any suggestions for a somewhat readily available dwarf cichlid that would do well in this small of a tank? Also, should I go with a pair or a single fish. Finally, I was thinking of getting blue rams. Would they be happy in this tank? Thanks for any ideas or advice that you can give. :)

S

sjones

I run all my breeding fish in 10 gallon tanks , I keep apistos and pelvicachromis species. maybe with some small dither fish per pair. I use small plants and gravel in about half my tanks.

Neil

Rams are a good choice for your tank, but beware of the problems with acquiring good stock. Read previous posts to see. Once you find good fish, rams should be fine in a 10g. Actually, IMO there are alot of DCs that can be housed in a 10g as pairs.

Neil

cubsfan

5 Year Member
I saw some borelli at the lfs, but I am unsure of whether there are any females in the bunch. Since fish tend to lack there normal coloration when in lfs tanks, I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how I might tell if there are any females.

I think I will skip on the rams, it sounds like they are more trouble then they are worth.

aspen

5 Year Member
borellii females develop a dark line at the front edge of their ventral fins at a very young age. males do not have this.

rick

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
natrickshwaxey

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….