• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma bitaeniata 'rio tigre'

FIL

5 Year Member
Hello,
I am French and dwarf cichlid enthusiast for many years. I maintain and reproduces wild.
Currently, I maintain and reproduce two species of Apistogramma bitaeniata Wild Apistogramma bitaeniata "Mamuri" but also Apistogramma agassizi Tefé Mutum and Ivanacara adoketa .
I am looking for a new species bitaeniata: bitaeniata Apistogramma "rio tigre".
Do you know if you can find this species in France or maybe you know someone who could offer me.

Thank you in advance

Nicolas

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I don't know if they are in France, but I have tanks with breeders and others growing up fry. I brought my specimens back from Peru. They are truly beautiful fish!

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Sorry, I don't keep waiting lists; too many obligations that can create hard feelings if not fulfilled. Just to let everyone know, I breed for fun and don't try to make money off my fish/hobby. Many of the species that I keep are 'ugly', so I only breed to keep my species going. I much prefer to trade rather than sell - and you'd be surprised what I accept in trade sometimes.

Tom C

5 Year Member
....I consider anything, as long as it doesn't grow too large.
To put them in with Mugsy, Mike? :cool:

We collected the actual fish in a tributary to the Rio Tigre last October. It for sure is a beauty!

resizeimage.aspx

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Mugsy has 'munched' a few specimens (small/deformed mouths/fins), but that is why I have it! Every conscientious breeder needs a culling fish. Hopefully trade fish won't be part of the menu!

joekidd

5 Year Member
Man I'm glad you brought some to GSLAS mike I haven't looked them up to see what they look like when adult very happy and seem to be growing pretty fast.

slipstreamv2

5 Year Member
Hey Mike,

These fish look awesome! Do you know where I can get some, or are you willing to sell me some juvies?

Thanks!

Tried to PM you, but your box is full! :)

DJ_JD

5 Year Member
I don't know if they are in France, but I have tanks with breeders and others growing up fry. I brought my specimens back from Peru. They are truly beautiful fish!

Mike could you put me on that waiting list? :wink:

Let me know if you can

Juan

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Hey Mike,

These fish look awesome! Do you know where I can get some, or are you willing to sell me some juvies?

Thanks!

Tried to PM you, but your box is full! :)

My extras will be listed in this section once I cull and pick some for me. I don't take reservations. Probably available in a month or so. I can't keep my PM box empty for any length of time. Your best bet is to send me a personal email. It's listed in my profile section. I prefer it to PM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….