• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Latest activity

  • K
    KenL reacted to Mike Wise's post in the thread wc Rio Nanay ?cf? bitaeniata with Like Like.
    The bitaeniata from the Rio Nanay/Mazon/Mormon is a genetically different species from those in other locations in the Amazon Basin. It...
  • dw1305
    dw1305 reacted to anewbie's post in the thread wc Rio Nanay ?cf? bitaeniata with Like Like.
    Yea - obviously there is no way to know for sure unless I catch them myself or have a personal relationship with the catcher - as the...
  • dw1305
    dw1305 reacted to Mike Wise's post in the thread Mendezi with Like Like.
    These fish are not bad, but they are territorial, especially when breeding. Do apisto breed in the wild with other species around? Of...
  • A
    anewbie replied to the thread wc Rio Nanay ?cf? bitaeniata.
    Yea - obviously there is no way to know for sure unless I catch them myself or have a personal relationship with the catcher - as the...
    • bi5.jpg
    • bi6.jpg
    • bi8.jpg
    • bi9.jpg
    • bit.jpg
  • A
    anewbie reacted to Mike Wise's post in the thread wc Rio Nanay ?cf? bitaeniata with Like Like.
    The bitaeniata from the Rio Nanay/Mazon/Mormon is a genetically different species from those in other locations in the Amazon Basin. It...
  • K
    KeithK replied to the thread Mendezi.
    Have no desire to breed fish, been there done that. Just looking for something I can sit and stare at for hours.
  • Mike Wise
    Mike Wise replied to the thread wc Rio Nanay ?cf? bitaeniata.
    The bitaeniata from the Rio Nanay/Mazon/Mormon is a genetically different species from those in other locations in the Amazon Basin. It...
  • Mike Wise
    Mike Wise replied to the thread Mendezi.
    These fish are not bad, but they are territorial, especially when breeding. Do apisto breed in the wild with other species around? Of...
  • dw1305
    dw1305 replied to the thread Mendezi.
    Hi all, @KeithK PC, rather than a phone. I can see your floatng plant and I'd let your Salvinia cover 3/4 of the water's surface. It...
  • dw1305
    I a agree somewhat, though it can be enough to need two adapters together: one to switch the direction of the thread and one to fit that...
  • dw1305
    dw1305 replied to the thread Mendezi.
    Hi all, I understand this. I'm not very good with fish, so I need all the help I can get. If you have fish that require very high...
  • dw1305
    dw1305 reacted to KeithK's post in the thread Mendezi with Like Like.
    Thank u for being concerned about the fish. I don't buy first to kill them. Been doing this for forty years now. Know a thing or two...
  • K
    KeithK replied to the thread Mendezi.
    Thank u for being concerned about the fish. I don't buy first to kill them. Been doing this for forty years now. Know a thing or two...
  • martin_c
    In my opinion, if your plants will have grown some more, your tank isn't wrong for a pair of Apistogramma. A trio is always a problem...
    • 61Bl+ofJmeL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • B
    Bill D. reacted to anewbie's post in the thread Wanted Dicrossus Foirni with Like Like.
    I haven't seen them this year - i saw them at either aquatiicclarity or wetspot maybe 18 or 24 months ago.
Top