• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Latest activity

  • dw1305
    dw1305 replied to the thread Mendezi.
    Hi all, Ideal, wanting to see your fish is so overrated. If I didn't like plants? I'd keep Hypancistrus sp. in tank with hundreds of...
  • dw1305
    dw1305 reacted to anewbie's post in the thread Mendezi with Like Like.
    Yea but they also block the view and that was a year+ so it is 10x worse :(
  • A
    anewbie replied to the thread Wanted Dicrossus Foirni.
    I haven't seen them this year - i saw them at either aquatiicclarity or wetspot maybe 18 or 24 months ago.
  • B
    Bill D. replied to the thread Wanted Dicrossus Foirni.
    I am still looking for them. Someone out there has to have bred these guys.
  • B
    Bill D. reacted to Mike Wise's post in the thread Wanted Dicrossus Foirni with Like Like.
    A rare import so it might take a while to find them. I had a pair back in 1984 when it was called Crennicara sp. Rio Negro. I personally...
  • B
    Bill D. reacted to anewbie's post in the thread Wanted Dicrossus Foirni with Like Like.
    Every once in a while wetspot will get them as well as aquaticclarity - maybe once every 2 years. You can set w watch on wetspot page...
  • A
    These were sold as wc bitaeniata - one of 5 - this one might be a miss or if stuffy Ms. My understanding is the rio Nanay population is...
    • n2.jpg
  • A
    anewbie replied to the thread Mendezi.
    Yea but they also block the view and that was a year+ so it is 10x worse :(
    • lineta_feb_2025_back.jpg
  • dw1305
    dw1305 replied to the thread Mendezi.
    Hi all, Honestly listen to Mike, he is "Wise by name and wise by nature". I'll nail my colours to the mast and tell you that...
  • dw1305
    dw1305 reacted to Mike Wise's post in the thread Jewel Cichlid revision + 4 new species with Like Like.
    I guess genetics don't lie.
  • dw1305
    dw1305 reacted to Frank Hättich's post in the thread ID please with Like Like.
    A. steindachneri or A. rupununi. Any information on catch location? The shape and maximum size of the flank spot would be helpful as...
  • dw1305
    dw1305 reacted to Frank Hättich's post in the thread Sp.miua? with Like Like.
    I can't watch the video, it just tells me there is an error. The fish in the first picture might be A. cf. sp. Miua (Demini/Yellow). In...
  • K
    I always thought they are a good beginner species as already described. While they usually don't have a lot of color, a full grown male...
  • K
    Commercial list are just that, not necessarily accurate names. True A. steindachneri are only found in the Guianas and eastern...
  • K
    KenL replied to the thread Mendezi.
    Are all mendezi that bad, or is it the odd individual? Could you not keep a single pair in that tank?
Top