• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wild caught Dwarf Cichlid in China

zhihuai1982

i am a chinese dwarf cichlid enthusiast. I find many so-called wild caught dwarf cichlid have been imported into China from Brazil or Peru. It was so many that i can't stop thinking that wether they are real wild caught or tank breeding in Brazil, then imported into China. I am worry about the in-breeding problem. Can anybody give some clues?

edwliang

5 Year Member
me want to know too. is there more and more tank-breading or pond raised apistos from Brazil? especially the Adokeda. this species is so hot in these 2 years! however, many has claimed that it was very easy to know if it is wild caught ones, which shows very clear separate verticle stripes across top of the body..

edwliang

5 Year Member
i am a chinese dwarf cichlid enthusiast. I find many so-called wild caught dwarf cichlid have been imported into China from Brazil or Peru. It was so many that i can't stop thinking that wether they are real wild caught or tank breeding in Brazil, then imported into China. I am worry about the in-breeding problem. Can anybody give some clues?
i sugest you move this thread to New World, Apistogramma, where will attract more attention..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….