• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

white worm on apistos

blueblue

5 Year Member
Oh... but this book has been translated into chinese and is quite popular among the hobbyists in Hong Kong and Taiwan.

Hi Andrew,

sorry, i can't tell you about this. Maybe it is a little curious, but the "Bassleer" is not very popular in Germany. Bassleers DVD "The New Illustrated Guide to fish diseases" are only sold by the shop "Aquarium Münster" and that is, for german circumstances to curios. No chance for a really good distribution.

Regards
Marc

Marc

5 Year Member
After gathering the available information, there is just one possibillity left. I must buy the actual Bassleer book about fish disease. :)

Marc

blueblue

5 Year Member
<

Hm if these especially worm lives under the skin, and it is possible see it without a lens... are there more of them? It is a good idea to find out if this is a egglaying or lifebearing species. Is it possible to take a very closeup picture?

Next to be aware of: If Flubendazol is the correct medication it shall be noticed, that this possibly kill all snails and that can cause new problems.

Thanks Marc, yes, i remembered i could see the white worm by naked eyes.. the worm was about 3mm long.

Refael Hdr.

5 Year Member
Hi Marc,
Is there an english revised edition of Untergasser's book too?
Have you read Bassleer's book? How is it?
And what about Noga's "Fish Disease: Diagnosis and Treatment", is it worth any good?...

Marc

5 Year Member
Hi,
sorry i'am late. :redface:
Is there an english revised edition of Untergasser's book too?
as far as i know not from the revised edition, but i will ask the publishing company by mail.
Have you read Bassleer's book?
Not now. But his book is listed on the first place on my "must have" catalogue.
And what about Noga's "Fish Disease: Diagnosis and Treatment", is it worth any good?...
No idea, i just want to list it also, but 119,99$ whow, i think this must wait a little...

Regards
Marc

Marc

5 Year Member
as far as i know not from the revised edition, but i will ask the publishing company by mail.
These people are very fast. The answer (partly):
Kosmos Verlag in German language said:
Allerdings gibt es eine
amerikanische Lizenzausgabe des Titels. Der Verlag heißt:
T.F.H. Publications Inc.
Kosmos don't ever publish books in foreign languages. The licence for the english version of the book is owned by T.F.H. Publications Inc. If you visit their site, there is just the old edition available.

Marc

Rolo

5 Year Member
2. i already sent an pm to Rolo yesterday and i am waiting for his reply.

Still waiting? ;-) Sorry.
I had no idea, so I talked to Marc about your problem and asked him to answer, because his wife is the desease-freak.
....and I'll bring back her Untergasser-book as soon as possible. ;-)

best regards,
Rolo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….