• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Where to buy good quality apistogramma?

Joe J.

I'm just looking for a trio of Apistogramma cacatuoides and ive looked everywhere and can't find what
I want exactly. So, if anyone knows about a good place or is selling some, I would be glad to here about it.
Thanks for reading,
Joe

Joe J.

USA, tried aquabid but I would really like a picture of the exact fish and aquabid isnt the best option for that. I would like a trio of Triple reds. great color!

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
When I pick up apistos, I prefer to do it on site. That way I know what I'm getting. This for me is large cichlid conventions like the ACA, OCA, and GCCA. Otherwise I depend on people I've known for a long time. Two of the better - but not only sources - are Jeff (aquaticlarity) and David Soares. Both will work with you.

Linus_Cello

5 Year Member
Where in the USA do you live? There are lots of fish clubs, and some of them specialize in cichlids (like the Capital Cichlid Association, albeit its more rift lake or angels or discus).

Joe J.

I would really prefer to stay away from aquabid unless there was a away I could see my exact fish before i bought it. Do you think apistodave would do that for me?

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
The only way I could see how this could be done is to go directly to his breeding operation in Sisters, Oregon. I think that it's unrealistic to expect anyone to photograph 100's of fish, keep each of them separate and then let you pick.

Joe J.

Does anyone know about anyone selling these fish on this website. I think that would be a good option.

slimbolen99

5 Year Member
Aquatic Clarity hasn't chimed in, but he is a supporter of this site, and almost every single apisto in my fish room is from him. I've ordered from him at least twice and have been very happy with his stuff. He's easy to get a hold of, communicate with, order through, etc. I don't think I've ever had a DOA from him. Of all the fish I got from him in my last order, every single fish is still alive...and that order was from November of 2011.

Apistogramma bitaeniata
Apistogramma agassizi 'red'
Apistogramma agassizi 'blue'
Apistogramma allpahuay

I would order from him as he's going to provide a representation of the fish when possible when he gets them.
He makes an honest effort at providing the accurate collection location and identification.
He gets stuff that you won't find at the pet store, and will rarely find on aquabid or other sites.

First class guy. And I would say that publicly, or privately, and wouldn't say it if I didn't truly believe and mean it.
Brian

DBlauj

Aquatic Clarity hasn't chimed in, but he is a supporter of this site, and almost every single apisto in my fish room is from him. I've ordered from him at least twice and have been very happy with his stuff. He's easy to get a hold of, communicate with, order through, etc. I don't think I've ever had a DOA from him. Of all the fish I got from him in my last order, every single fish is still alive...and that order was from November of 2011.

Apistogramma bitaeniata
Apistogramma allpahuay

I would order from him as he's going to provide a representation of the fish when possible when he gets them.
He makes an honest effort at providing the accurate collection location and identification.
He gets stuff that you won't find at the pet store, and will rarely find on aquabid or other sites.

First class guy. And I would say that publicly, or privately, and wouldn't say it if I didn't truly believe and mean it.
Brian

Yea I've been waiting also for a new batch of apistos from AQ. Really would of liked to of gotten Ap. bitaeniata and agassizi 'blue'

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Yea I've been waiting also for a new batch of apistos from AQ. Really would of liked to of gotten Ap. bitaeniata and agassizi 'blue'

A little early in the season yet for new Peru Apistos. That and I'm working feavorishly to get some huge house projects done so we can get our house on the market. Started gutting the kitchen at the beginning of the month. Pulling electrical wires tonight, insulating on Thursday, and hope to start drywalling Friday.

But don't worry...I'll bring in a shipment (MAYBE 2 if things do well and I'm also able to move out more of the sp. Kelleri and sp. Cruziero that came in earlier this year) of Apistos this year yet. Assuming we aren't in the throws of actually moving!

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member

Apistogramma bitaeniata
Apistogramma allpahuay

Brian

Thanks for the VERY kind words Brian! I'm glad you have been happy with the fish you've gotten from me. Hopefully I can make it down your way next year to speak to your club. Still trying to work out the date/details.

DBlauj

A little early in the season yet for new Peru Apistos. That and I'm working feavorishly to get some huge house projects done so we can get our house on the market. Started gutting the kitchen at the beginning of the month. Pulling electrical wires tonight, insulating on Thursday, and hope to start drywalling Friday.

But don't worry...I'll bring in a shipment (MAYBE 2 if things do well and I'm also able to move out more of the sp. Kelleri and sp. Cruziero that came in earlier this year) of Apistos this year yet. Assuming we aren't in the throws of actually moving!

Totally understandable always family first. I'll be patiently waiting for your new shipment. I'm not a die hard know it all collector just really love these little guys.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….