• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is this?

Clancey Fritsch

20200806_153415.jpg

What is this? I have a 29 gallon heavily planted setup with 2 apistogrammas, 2 otos, 6 black neon tetras, 1 bristlenose pleco. If anyone has anymore questions for me please let me know! :) thank you

Clancey Fritsch

Maybe Mike was trying to be funny?

Looks like mulm to me. We love it around these parts!
Oh ok. Just kinda sour to look at hasnt really harmed anyone. Its in my display tank. But if its not hurtful why affect the aquarium ya know! Its a dirted tank so i didnt know if that had something to do about it.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Well, the only plant in the photo that I see look like my dwarf sag. I didn't realize that you meant the brown mulm. It is a natural part of a planted aquaruium, but if it really bothers you, you can carefully siphon it out with a piece of airline tubing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….