• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is this black spot??

huntermac

Hello everyone, this morning I noticed this black circle on the head of my male apisto cockatoo. Does anyone know what this is?? I don’t remember seeing it on him in the past, and he is not acting strange and still eating. Any info would help! Thanks.

Attachments

• B43EBAA4-40A0-4FDD-8BA1-7543DBE695E7.png
    B43EBAA4-40A0-4FDD-8BA1-7543DBE695E7.png
    6.6 MB · Views: 191

Binjo

Is the fish full grown? Could it just be normal coloration / marking? It looks like there is a matching spot on the other side (just lighter).

huntermac

Is the fish full grown? Could it just be normal coloration / marking? It looks like there is a matching spot on the other side (just lighter).
I got him about 3 1/2 months ago, not sure how old he was when I bought him though. He is about 2 1/2 inches long at this time. Maybe he is developing colors/patterns? Because I know he didn't have this a few weeks ago from previous photos of him.

Binjo

Maybe try and get a picture or take a look at the other side. From the photo, it almost looks perfectly symmetrical with another mark on the other side, just lighter.

MacZ

The coloration can have variation and not be symmetrical. Some species sometimes show more, sometimes less markings. And this doesn't have to be consistently identical each day.
To me it looks just like some markings, by chance exactly on the nostril. Nothing wrong.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkalmanson

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….