• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is this Apistogramma ?

aquivalley

5 Year Member
Hi,

What is this Apistogramma ?

(I can't speak English very well. Sorry~!! ^^:) <<<Oops~ sorry, I can't speak... :oops:

dscn2528_copy.jpg

viejita_head2.jpg

dscn2527_copy.jpg

dscn2531_copy.jpg

dscn2530_copy.jpg

dscn2534_copy.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Z Man

5 Year Member
Very nice photo's! The photo's are of what is called Apistogramma sp. "steel blue" but by now it may have been given is own species name. I don't keep up as much as I should on nomenclature.

aquivalley

5 Year Member
Thank you~! sir.

Z Man said:
Very nice photo's! The photo's are of what is called Apistogramma sp. "steel blue" but by now it may have been given is own species name. I don't keep up as much as I should on nomenclature.

Thank you~! sir.
I grade to meet you, Z Man

P.W.

5 Year Member
Hi

Do you have any females of this species? The Ap. sp. "Steelblue" is said to be sold only as males! I don´t know if this is true but many people have that experience.
Some people also claims that the "Steelblue" is a hybrid between two species "produced" in Singapore.
I don´t know what is true, but it ´s a lovely fish worth keeping! And it doesn´t look like a hybrid to me!

Best regards

Neil

aquivalley,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

There is some question as to whether these fish are all hybrids from Asia or an actual species (undescribed to this point). They are listed in Uwes book, but I know that they are being mass produced in Asia as a hybridized cross.
You can find more information by doing a search above. They have been discussed several times before.
Neil

P.W.

5 Year Member
Hi!

Back to my question! Have anyone seen a female of this "species"?
Aquivalley, are you keeping females also of this Steelblue?
The photos only showed males. I really hope that you have got some females also.

Best regards/ Per

heslipst

5 Year Member
Just found some females... I am assuming, by their yellowish coloring at a LFS here in Milwaukee. Contemplating a species tank. I always thought these were borelli's

-Steve

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pupps

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….