• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is the most "active" species of apisto?

miniman

Was just thinking what the most active and interactive species of apisto is?

My borelli opal are very docile and come to the front when about to be fed but hardly see them during the day. I have heard cacatoides are a bit more active but would be interested to hear any other species activity levels?

anewbie

Of the few species I've kept my D50 are the most active - esp at feeding time and they are not shy. My female nijjensi is a bit shy - actually not really shy as reclusive. The borelli i had were not super active nor the hongsloi. Sadly I think my D50 are getting fat and need to be on a diet.

miniman

Of the few species I've kept my D50 are the most active - esp at feeding time and they are not shy. My female nijjensi is a bit shy - actually not really shy as reclusive. The borelli i had were not super active nor the hongsloi. Sadly I think my D50 are getting fat and need to be on a diet.
Haha! Yes my borelli are reclusive lol

Garri Ausmus

5 Year Member

My borelli opal are very docile and come to the front when about to be fed but hardly see them during the day. I have heard cacatoides are a bit more active but would be interested to hear any other species activity levels?
My Cacatoides were amazing and interactive (the super red) the Orange flash were not, they hid a lot.

Attachments

• cockatoos.jpg
    cockatoos.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 67

anewbie

My Cacatoides were amazing and interactive (the super red) the Orange flash were not, they hid a lot.
No difference in species so environment/tank mates probably play a role in different behavior. A cockatoo is a cockatoo; though a lot of the colour strains do have 'odd' genetics due to inbreeding but the specific colour probably plays a minor role.

Don cheech

I have a macmasteri, cacatuodies, agasizzi, trifisciata and had a borelli my macmasteri is extremely interactive and all over the tank
My agasizzi flame red is also very interactive. He’s like a pet when I come to the front of the glass. He hangs out with me and checks me out. It’s pretty awesome. I don’t know if this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….