• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What complex?

Rolo

5 Year Member
A. gibbiceps belongs to the gibbiceps complex and A. eunotus to the eunotus complex.

There are no complexes in the A. gibbiceps group. ;-)
The A. gibbiceps group belongs to the A. agassizii line (not A. agassizii group! ...it's a sister-group to this.)

The A. eunotus complex belongs to the A. regani group.

regards,
Rolo

con-man-dan

5 Year Member
thanks! i had a feeling the eunotus were in the macmasteri complex due to the general appearance and the fin shapes, but now I know :wink:

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I certainly would not be surprised to learn that the macmasteri-group species originated from some eunotus-complex species, sometime in the distant past.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I've been keeping apistos here in Denver for nearly 30 years. I presented a program to the Rocky Mountain Cichlid Association earlier this month on "Breeding Apistogramma for Fun ... and Profit?" Too bad I didn't know that you live here or I would have let you know. I'll be at the Colorado Aquarium Society (as a member) on Friday evening. Maybe we can meet there.

con-man-dan

5 Year Member
I didnt go to RMCA cause I blew a tire the day before and didnt have a ride lol, I actually saw that someone was speaking about dwarfs and was very upset I couldn't make it. I'm a CAS member as well and I'll be there on friday. I'm the younger guy with the tattoos who is always hanging around with Mickey

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….