• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

West African Web Page

Cichlids1

5 Year Member
With all the interesting discussion lately on West Africans, I decided to create a page on my site to post some pictures that people have but may not have a place to post them. Pictures like Randall's Pelv. 'Makoure' and Neil's dimidiatus. If anyone has any other interesting pictures dealing with anything we've been discussing, feel free to email them to me ([email protected]) and I'll get them posted. I'll post the link here tomorrow after I get the page created.

Ken

Randall

5 Year Member
Westies Web Page

Thank you so much, Ken! Great idea!!

Please count me in; I'll be forwarding photos to you, assuming I can get my fish to hold still long enough to photograph them.

Would you be interested in posting photos of "new" fish sent to me by Anton Lamboj as well? I need to ask his permisson first, of course, but that way people could see images of West/Central African cichlids not found in any English language books.

Thanks again,

Randall Kohn

Cichlids1

5 Year Member
That is what I'm hoping for, pictures of fish that aren't available in the L&S book that seems to be our only English reference. The only modifications I'll make to any photo will be resizing it, as needed. All credit to the photographer, of course. Just looking to create a central location that our group can use as a point of reference for discussion, debate, and comparison.

Cichlids1

5 Year Member
I've created a button for W.A.S.M.P. (West African Species Maintenance Program) on my home page, http://www.roundtownaquatics.com or you can go directly to it via http://www.roundtownaquatics.com/wasmp.htm

As I collect more pictures, I will probably make them a little smaller. Maybe have the newer pictures in the large format and older ones thumbnailed. We'll see how many end up out there and how much space it requires.

Ken

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….