• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

We walked into the jungle...

slimbolen99

5 Year Member
How do you guys have internet way out there in the middle of the Amazon? Heck, I can't even get internet at my parent's or my wife's parent's -- less than 10 miles from civilization!

Tom C

5 Year Member
Be careful Tom. Like I told you, Mark will be sitting at your front door when you arrive home.:D
I'll just let him sit there (outside) as long as he wants .... it won't be for long; it's quite cold in Norway now!

How do you guys have internet way out there in the middle of the Amazon...

resizeimage.aspx

:D

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Not only the Dish Network, but powered by solar cells that recharge batteries! More than once the collectors had to stop to answer their cell/mobile phones!:) Isn't technology amazing?

ste12000

5 Year Member
Now your really spoiling us! Great find Tom, cant wait to see these back home in Norway and swimming in your tanks.. Maybe if i ask nice enough a few may find their way into the UK ;) Stunning fish and a wonderful discovery.

Tom C

5 Year Member
nice pics, tom..how many niddles you have taken
I'm sorry, edwliang, I've tried to look it up, but I couldn't find a good definition of the word "niddles"....

... Maybe if i ask nice enough a few may find their way into the UK ;) ... Stunning fish and a wonderful discovery.
He-he, "Don't count your chickens before your eggs are hatched"... or as we say in Norway: "Don't sell the skin before the bear is shot"; the fish aren't even in Lima yet. But let's hope they all will arrive safely home.
I know that you are one of the few with skills good enough to breed them in significant numbers, Ste. But the actual Nannostomus groups are so small that I don't want to split them before I have an idea of the sex ratio and how each group goes along...

I also hope to bring home a few of the "Tetra Morado" (the last picture in post #13), a few fish from two other populations of Nannostomus marginatus, and also a few of the following, which I find very exciting and beautiful! Preliminary we labelled it "Tetra Llanos", after the fisherman we brought with us when we found and collected it, in the Rio Putumayo (border river Peru/Colombia):

resizeimage.aspx

resizeimage.aspx

Maybe someone knows if there is a scientific name for them?

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
That little tetra is Brittanicthys sp. Peru according in Baensch Atlas 4 pg. 104. And I've brought them in from Peru as Brittanichthys sp. Candle Light.

They are a GREAT looking small tetra that really shine or glow in low or indirect light.

LOFFA NORWAY

Hei Tom
Regner med at du har en strålende tur og at du koser deg. Sp Schwarzkehl er 8 uker i dag og et nytt oppdrett skal registrere. Sp "matses" er et artig skue. Mye uro og en skulle tro hannen var "litt annerledes" for hua er mer enn villig. Tatt en del bilder av oppspillet i dag. Ellers håper jeg du får med deg en del av det du er ute etter i år. Så langt har du jo allerede funnet noen juveler.

Ønsker dere fortsatt en god tur. Antar trappa di er godt okkupert når du kommer hjem....

LOFFA

Microman

5 Year Member
Be careful Tom. Like I told you, Mark will be sitting at your front door when you arrive home.:D

Mike, I remember saying to Tom that if you managed to find A.cf.payaminonis then I would swim to Norway in November to visit the "candy store with the granite floor"...
Well Ive been getting a few lengths in at the local baths (Swimming pool) to get myself in shape and Ive just purchased a gallon of turkey fat to keep myself warm in those chilly North Sea waters.

Sitting at the front door when Tom arrives home... Ive already been squatting there with my 4 kids for a week and we've claimed "Squatters rights"...
Mark...

Tom C

5 Year Member
sorry Tom, my bad english.. I mean injection
I don't remember how many, but most of them you'll take once or twice, and after that you are protected for many years or the rest of your life.... the last years I've only had a drink vaccine against cholera before I go, that's all!

That little tetra is Brittanicthys sp. Peru according in Baensch Atlas 4 pg. 104. And I've brought them in from Peru as Brittanichthys sp. Candle Light...
Thank you very, very much! This kind of information is invaluable.....
I've found that they have lots of features common with the "Red Eye Morse Code Tetra" / Morse Code Hemigrammus .

..... Antar trappa di er godt okkupert når du kommer hjem....
LOFFA
I'm home now, and amazingly there were nobody at my front door.....although I might need some assistance.....as there are p.t. in total 53 different forms/locations/species of Apistogramma inside my house...

....Sitting at the front door when Tom arrives home... Ive already been squatting there with my 4 kids for a week and we've claimed "Squatters rights"...

I brought with me a couple of these; their job is to protect and guard my fish-room from intruders and thieves.... :)

resizeimage.aspx

resizeimage.aspx

LOFFA NORWAY

I'm home now, and amazingly there were nobody at my front door.....although I might need some assistance.....as there are p.t. in total 53 different forms/locations/species of Apistogramma inside my house...

As the song goes on; Just call my name and l ll be there...

raymond82

Very nice pictures!! What species of snake is that in the top photo? He looks quite dangerous!!

53 different forms/locations/species of Apistogramma inside my house...

That's really amazing... What a great sight that must be!!

ste12000

5 Year Member
He looks like he would do a great job guarding the fish room... I certainly would not cross him!!

Glad your both home safe and well. Ill look forward to reading all about the trip on the website.. Hint, hint :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….