• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

water changes in fry tank

rdrooster

My triple reds have two day old fry in a 29 gallon tank. I've heared you shouldnt use conditioned water untill the fry are at least 3weeks old. How do you do frequent water changes without conditioning the water? I usually use prime to condition the water and seachem discus buffer to lower ph to match the tank.. Which is at 6.2

DBlauj

I've done regular water changes with week old fry with no problems. Most of my tanks are 20Ls but I have one 10g and have done the same in my old 29g. My water changes weren't huge though. Usually about 10-15% weekly. I also use prime with no problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….