- Messages
- 21
My community tank with various dwarf cichlids was doing fine until I introduced a borelli about 3 months back. First there was an outbreak of whitespot, the treatment of which killed my honsloi. Then, one by one, my crenicaras all died. The filimentosa was the largest so I took it to my local exotic vet who said that it looked something like tuberculosis. Since then some of my cichlids have been dying off at a frightening rate, the most recent being an agassizi who has started to go downhill. The only unaffected ones seem to be a male cac, a female pandurini and the borelli. Is there anything I can do? A friend who keeps tetras told me that it's almost impossible to eradicate TB as some fish will be carriers and immune. I really don't want a tank that has to be killed off and restarted, and the healthy fish seem fine.. HELP!