• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Trifasciata Fry - Long thin poo

FryGuy

Hello there!

Some time ago I've started my adventure with apistogramma. Lately because of problems in my main tank I lost two females :( Because of COVID and all that stuff there is a big problem of getting new fishes, thus I decided do bread them.

Because I have one one female now I tried to breed her with less aggressive male. It turned out to be a success and I have a bunch of around 24 young fry. :)
I was very happy until I noticed that some of the fishes started to have quite long very thin white poo. It is from time to time little wider but generally it looks more or less like a rope of sausages ;/

The tank is 24 liters (6 gallons). Plenty of floating plants mostly Pistia and others...
Filtration done with small air filter.
Water change every day around 5 liters (RO water + Seachem Equlibrium and Acid/Alkaline buffer). GH and KH and same level around 3d*

What I feed them is mostly live brine shrimp that I prepare myself, micro worms and infusoria (just a little as I have no luck with the culture I have).

Mother apisto is still with them - she has no signs of any problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….