• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Trade my Apistos?

J

jiffy

I've got a pair of double red apistos in a 10g with 6 cardinal tetras and 3 skunk cory cats. Before I had the apistos I had some danios, but they were too active and the other fish hid to often.

Then, before I got the apistos, but after I got rid of the danios, I noticed my fish comming out much more often, especially my cory cats. Now though, after having the apistos for over a month, the cory cats hide frequently again, and when the do come out the apistos chase them. My cardinals aren't bothered by the apistos, but 2 of them hide most of the time.

Because of this, I think I should trade the Apistos back to my LFS (I get half credit) and get something more peaceful that will let my other fish enjoy the tank more, instead of hiding most of the time. Anyone think I should do otherwise and keep the apistos?

fishgeek

get a bigger tank otherwise the bottom dwellers will be crowded , and apisto's are territorial
the cory's will always be hasseled in that situation

andrew

mooman

5 Year Member
I would suggest taking the cories back and keeping the apistos with the cardinals. Apistos are way more interesting to watch than cories.

Apisto ranch

5 Year Member
Please don't give up on Apisto's that easy. The thing to do would be get a bigger tank at leas a 20g. But if that's not a opption then like mooman said take the cories back to the store. Apistos are the best cichlid for a small tank or big tank either way.
You'll learn more about breeding, spawing ways then you could ever imagan. Where as wih the cories you'll get to whatch a poop eater.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….