• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

To Randall, More cacatuoides fry Pics...

K

kenw

Randall,
Sure, you can use the pics, no problem! My full name is Ken Williams if you want to credit. If you want I can mail higher res. photos, but as they were taken with a basic Sony P71 camera, I had to blow them up a bit to get detail so quality isnt great.
Just checked out the site, looks really cool, will be checking it out for updates regularly!
BTW, here are some more pics of the guys:

Female tending eggs:

apisto-eggs.jpg

Fry Feeding at 2 days old:
(You can see belly full of BBS!)

2Days-old.jpg

2Daysold2jpg.jpg

I love the way mum and fry are both eyeing the camera head on in this one!

WhoUlookinatjpg.jpg

and my male Apisto Hongsloi Rotstrich:

hongsloi.jpg

Here is the tank they all share:

fishtank1.jpg

Ken

Zapisto

5 Year Member
god........ nice .

i will have to study ...... my pics is so horrible compare to yours :(

nice hongsloi , very nice.

you are using a Sony P71 camera with an external flash ?

K

kenw

Zapisto,
Thanks for the compliments!
I dont think I can get a flash attatchment for the P71, I have to angle the camera so the flash does not glare in front of the fish. Some of the pics were taken without using the flash at all, but its hard not to get blurry pics with this setting. I use the Macro mode with the zoom fully out, to the widest setting and get as close as possible to the glass or further back if the subject is right at the glass, so its in sharp focus.
These shots were taken at highest resoloution, and chopped down to size.
Im no photographer but these is the way I seem to get best results with basic gear.
Hope this helps,

Ken

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….