• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

To move or not to move?

miquel

5 Year Member
I've got my algodon II female and fry(1/4 inch) in a 15 gallon tank with two rinelorica and a farlowella. Now I would like to know if I can move the female to new tank where the male is living right now or should i wait a little longer??

kribs

5 Year Member
I am pretty sure you can move the female and leave the fry in the 15 gallon. how old are the babies.

jvr

5 Year Member
I move my females as soon as the fry are free swimming and eating baby brine shrimp.

I have found in some instances when the females are ready to spawn again, 2-3 weeks, if they fry are not removed or the female removed, she will see her earlier fry as a threat to the new eggs and eat the fry.

thanks

John

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….