• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

time to say hello

regani

5 Year Member
I have been lurking on this forum for a while now, trying to soak up all the information that is on here. So a big thanks to everyone who has posted here, this is a tremendous source of information and it has helped me a lot in my attempts to do a bit of research before I start to get my fish.

I got interested in breeding apistos a while ago as I think they are really fascinating fish - and you don't need a battery of 6 footers to breed them :wink:. I have a small setup of a few tanks and I am just starting to stock them. I plan to stick to some of the 'easier' species to start with, but that will also depend on availability.

So far I have one pair of A. trifasciata which is settling in at the moment. The other species I plan to get are A. macmasteri and one of the color variants of A. cacatuoides.

I have room for possibly one more species (total of eight 2x1ft tanks) but have not quite decided which one to get.

I know that everyone likes pictures and although I am not too handy with the camera, but will try my best to provide some pictures over time as I get more fish :biggrin:

Cheers,

Bernd

briztoon

5 Year Member
Hey regani, welcome to Apistogramma Forums.

Just a heads up, there is only one pair of Macmasteri left in store (I'm assuming you know which LFS I'm refering to). The tank of A. viejita II are all male. There is also only one pair of wild cacatuoides in store. They're in one of the top centre tanks in the Apisto room (there is a reverse trio, the largest is a very good looking male, and the smallest is the female). There is also a tank full wild males in the same room.

regani

5 Year Member
Thanks for the welcomes,

What do you have stocked in your tanks that do not house apistos?

I don't really have that many tanks, there are only three in the house. My large tank (270L) houses some malawi mbuna, a smaller low tech planted community tank (~40L) has some chain loaches, lemon tetras and bronze cories, and a planted small tank (~20L) has a school of whiteclouds - one of the most underrated fish around :D
the new setup is the garage due to lack of space, fortunately it doesn't get too cold here in winter so that it is possible to do that with just a bit of insulation and a few heaters.

Thanks briztoon for the heads up, I saw the fish you mentioned. If I could, I would buy half the shop. But then it is probably wiser to start slowly :D I'll drop in this weekend and grab a few more fish.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….