• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Thoracochomis brauschi

cedartree

5 Year Member
Cichlidforum.com has a good article in their species section on this fish by Greg Steeves who is one of the most knowledgeable Lake Victoria Basin cichlid experts in the U.S. If you have any more questions, I suggest you register with hillcountrycichlidclub.com. Greg will be happy, I'm sure, to advise you.
Walt

Nebraska_cichlids

5 Year Member
I keep a small group of them. The dominant male looks great; females are rather plain. Sub-dominant males get shredded by the top dog unless they successfully mimic females. This species is fairly easy to breed, even in hard water. The spawns are male-heavy; using soft water might cause a shift to females. If you like plants, brauschi might not be the right fish for you. Also, my brauschi terrorized pretty much any other Westie I attempted to introduce to the tank. If you are serious about keeping them, check with Dave Schumacher (davesfish.com). I think he has some for sale.

freshwaterfishfan

5 Year Member
I got some from Greg Steeves several years ago and they have done well for me. I've found them to be good tankmates for Victorian cichlids. Males hate each other, that is for sure. And they can be a tough on the females. I try to keep 1 male/2 female ratio in larger tanks (55G) and that seems to work for me. Females are rare.

cornbread_5

5 Year Member
i am the process of getting some from dave but i was wondering if you could keep them with benitochromis nigrodorsalis and does one male breed with multiple females

Wingsrule

5 Year Member
I love this fish. The males are absolutely beautiful. I have been able to sucessfully keep 3 males in a 55 gallon tank. The 2 who staked out end territories looked incredible. The guy in the middle was a bit more stressed, but still a stunner. I have a group of about 8 of them right now.

Of.jpg

316__53_.jpg

316__51_.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….