• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The umbrella cichlid

nberg96

5 Year Member
I am thinking about getting the umbrella cichlid. I was just wondering about decorations, can some people post their dwarf cichlid setup? I was also wondering on pots as decoratins and hide-outs?

Sharpfish

5 Year Member
Apistogramma borelli (the umbrella cichlid) is a great looking Apisto.. What color variant are you looking at? Depending on how many you are getting and the tank size will dictate the decor and set up. I would provide at least one cave, pot, or hiding place per fish. Add some rock work or driftwood and some live plants and you can basically go with that.

Gillie

5 Year Member
I like to use 4 inch sections of 1 inch pvc that I cover them with silicone and roll in sand to match the tank substrate.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sgraves23

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….