• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Teleogramma brichardi fry foods

Jonm

I have been fortunate enough to have a few eggs with tails from a pair of Teleogramma brichardi. I am trying to figure out what type of foods would be best to feed the new babies. I am thinking microworms, BBS and Repashy. Most of the eggs fungased over due to my inadequacies but it looks like some of them will make it. Any suggestions or opinions would be greatly appreciated on first foods and how to keep the eggs from getting fungus next time would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
I always have feed my Teleogramma baby/fry freshly hatched baby brine shrimp and had no problems with that as the sole food.

As far as the eggs fungusing...what are your water parameters? I kept my wild pairs in 6.5 range 100ppm water and had little to no issues. Larger batches would be 40-50 eggs/fry but I left the eggs and fry in with the parents so I might only pull out 20-30 juvinals after a month or so. But fungus or hatching problems were never an issue.

Jonm

Sorry for the late reply I have been super busy.
PH 7.6
Ammonia barely registers
Nitrate 1
TDS: my meter is not functioning and the lfs did not have a functioning one either. the water is waste from RO/DI with several almond leaves/ oak leaves

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….