• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Teleocichla species

Z Man

5 Year Member
Teleochichlas

Yes, I have had them at a few different times. They are a very nasty fish yet only a few inches (centemeters) long. They hide most of the time, stay at the bottom of the tank and grab anything that goes by. I tried to breed them about 4 or 5 times and finally gave up when I ended up with just one fish. I used a 30 gallon breeder and figured it was too small. If you get them I wish you lots of good luck.

Terje

5 Year Member
Have none experience with them but I don't think what Z man said is representative for all Teleocichla species. One of my LFS (with high quality) have had T. Monogramma in for several months now. I guess there's about 8 of them in a tank not bigger than 50L (about 12 gallons I think). They don't have any problems with them.
I'd love to buy them but they cost about 40$ each and they are not that great ;)

Cichlids1

5 Year Member
I had about the same experience as Zman. I started with 6 T. monogramma and they quickly thinned themselves down to 4. At 4, they didn't behave too badly. A lot of chasing and blustering, but very little carnage. I kept them warm (90F), in a tank with deep sand, strong current, and several large rocks for them to hop around on and hide under. I had them for close to a year before I killed them with some bad housekeeping. Here are a couple pictures of them:

http://www.basementcichlids.com/images/telocichla_pair.jpg
http://www.basementcichlids.com/images/male_telocichla.jpg

And their tank:

http://www.basementcichlids.com/images/temp/telocichla_tank.jpg

Deedoo

5 Year Member
I can't read your photos ! I have this message :

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /images/temp/telocichla_tank.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.basementcichlids.com Port 80

Cichlids1

5 Year Member
Weird...it does that from time to time for some reason on other forums also. Try copying the link and pasting it into your browser. That always seems to work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AND

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….