• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

tankmates for agasizi

tetras

5 Year Member
Hi guys,
have 2 small (2-3cm) A agasizi in my 36x18x18 and was wondering what other type of apisto i could house with them.
i am not sure which other apistos will mix with them without problems.
any suggestions on species to try?
only other fish are 1 golden halfbeak (getting 2 more) and 2 (3cm) bristlenose.
thanks
adam

apistoireland

5 Year Member
Can you sex your agassizis yet? Personally I wouldn't mix them with any other species in a tank of your size. Keep one male and several females and you will have very few problems.
If I had to put in another apistogramma species I would go for something like a borelli or panduro. Or you could try rams.

valice

5 Year Member
tetras said:
i am not sure which other apistos will mix with them without problems.
any suggestions on species to try?
only other fish are 1 golden halfbeak (getting 2 more) and 2 (3cm) bristlenose.
thanks
adam

I am not sure what is a halfbeak... But you can get pencil fishes... Nannostomus sp are good dither fishes for them... I have rams around in my 2 ft with Agas, and they are like target fishes for my agas... He will chase them around if they wander into his territory...

tetras

5 Year Member
cheers,
well the smaller of the 2 died, it never looked good from the start.
but the larger agasizi is doing really well and growing quickly and colouring up nice, i assume it is a male.
now i will get another female or 2 from a different bloodline.
male is now about 4cm.
i added 2 small angels (3cm), 3 kuhli loaches, and 2 Bosemani rainbows on the weekend along with more plants. also installed a diy CO2 system.
may just leave it with the agis as the only dwarf cichlid and add 3 more bosemanis and 6 praecox rainbows.
adam

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….