• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tank size

zapa0528

Hello ,

Like I said before I got lots of Apistogramma cacatuoides fry in a small just 60 l tank that was not supposed to be a breeding tank. The fry is now 3 weeks old and doing fine.

My question is can I keep it with the parents? For how long? It’s just impossible to get it out of the tank because of all the drift wood

Attachments

• IMG_1674.jpeg
    IMG_1674.jpeg
    234.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1679.jpeg
    IMG_1679.jpeg
    284 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1562.jpeg
    IMG_1562.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 12

Apistoguy52

Kinda depends on the temperament of the parents… I’ve had fish that were totally fine with 3-4 generations of fry with them, and others that would clear the table before every spawn.

Trying to catch fry sucks. I’ve always preferred to move the pair to a new tank, and wait till the kids were large enough to be easy to catch

zapa0528

Kinda depends on the temperament of the parents… I’ve had fish that were totally fine with 3-4 generations of fry with them, and others that would clear the table before every spawn.

Trying to catch fry sucks. I’ve always preferred to move the pair to a new tank, and wait till the kids were large enough to be easy to catch
Parents are really nice and they both take a good care of fry up til now. But my only concern is the tank size. It’s only 60 liters and I don’t think it’ll be enough space for all of them

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarenSet

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(