• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

stringy popp.. not white

sherry

New Member
5 Year Member
Messages
74
my male cacatoides has some stringy poop... seems to be maybe a little lethargic, but i may be lookign for other symptoms.

I did just lose my two females.

the poop is not pale and neither is the fish

am I seeing the beginning of a crisis. he is my ONLY male. at what point do I need to worry, treat, diagnose ect.


I am about to get some new females. Ted do you think I should hold off until we know what is going on ... ? or is a little stringy poop just a little stringy poop and nothing to worry about.
 

sherry

New Member
5 Year Member
Messages
74
oh well. he seems fine now.. I'm watching my tank too closely I guess :)
 

fishgeek

New Member
Messages
980
Location
london uk
increased lenght of faece's wihout change in width along the length will be normal in fish that eat a lot of fibre
ie most pleco's trail long strands behind them

if your fish has normal colour, normal width feacal material as a longer streamer behind them it is probably more to do with recent diet

andrew
 

sherry

New Member
5 Year Member
Messages
74
thanks..I was a little worried because my females both died in teh past two weeks, but very different symptoms.
 

fishgeek

New Member
Messages
980
Location
london uk
i also noticed or remembered that my fry have hugh streamers when fed microworm , i think that is fat content in the feaces?

andrew
 

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
18,792
Messages
125,189
Members
13,675
Latest member
Phap

Latest profile posts

Re-designing and starting a new fish room all over again. This time we'll have many more Apistsogramma species. We are expanding.
dimandobson wrote on Arnold's profile.
hi
dimandobson wrote on Ben Bergman's profile.
Hi Bergman. I have a pair of breeding dwarf cichlid for sale. if you are still looking, drop me your whatsapp number and i will send some videos to your whatsapp
martin_c wrote on illumnae's profile.
Hi,

just in case you happen to live in Germany (or Netherlands): I have a wildcaught female A. psammophila, you could have it for free. I have no use for it anymore.

BR
Martin
Top