• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Steatocranus sp. superslender

Nebraska_cichlids

5 Year Member
I just returned from a business trip to Germany and managed to bring back a small group of Steatocranus sp. superslender. I obtained a group of five (3 males, 2 females?), but lost one of the females because my luggage got held up in Chicago and was sent to Lincoln on the next plane. The remaining female looked banged up but should make it. I took pictures of one of the males before relasing him into the quarantine tank.

Steatocranusspsuperslendermale16_20.jpg

Steatocranusspsuperslendermale26_20.jpg

MarkSmith

5 Year Member
Hi Janos

Hi Janos

Put me first on your list to get some babies when you spawn them!! Congrats on bringing them in!

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Awesome... always nice to see new species make it into the country. Did you bring anything else back?

Nebraska_cichlids

5 Year Member
Nope, Ted, only the superslender. Long story short: I was scheduled to travel to Vienna, Austria, and had the superslender shipped from Germany to Anton in Vienna. I was hoping to obtain additional species during my stay in Vienna. Then the trip to Vienna got postponed until fall, but a trip to Germany came up. The superslender were shipped back to Germany where a buddy of mine was holding them for me for three weeks. I picked them up the night before my return to the U.S.

Nebraska_cichlids

5 Year Member
Funny you are moving up the thread now. I have a business trip to Germany coming up next week and made arrangements to bring a small group back to the US. Unfortunately, I am not allowed to bring more than five at a time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….