• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Starting a New Fish Room

daphilster08

5 Year Member
Hey guys,

Some of you may remember me, most of you won't. I last posted here 4-5 years ago when I was in college and had a dorm room with a few different kinds of dwarf cichlids. I kept and bred kribs, a. panduros and cacatuoides. Well now I am graduated and got my own place and I am starting up a fish room for nano fish. This fish room will include rare nano fish and inverts. The main species I want for my fish room is apistogramma. A few other species I would like to get are rivulus xiphidius, parosphromenus, crenicichla notophthalmus, nanochromis, taeniacara and various shrimps.

My main focus is going to be getting wild caught pairs/groups. I hope to get A. elizabethes, abacaxis, allpahuayo and a few other rarer apistos.

Any advice to acquiring WC specimen would be great. I am talking with quite a few importers but any leads would be great. Also, I have heard of a few apisto guys moving or getting out of the hobby so if you are selling any breeding pairs please do let me know.

Thanks guys!! I will keep you posted on the fish room start up. So far just a few ten gallons ready for whatever I come across.

~ Phil

wethumbs

5 Year Member
Just a word of advice, make sure you have a good way to reduce the humidity as well as proper floor support in the room.

daphilster08

5 Year Member
Just a word of advice, make sure you have a good way to reduce the humidity as well as proper floor support in the room.
Thanks for the advice! I should have been more specific. I have a big walk in closet in my 1st floor basement that has cement floors. It is like a big utility closet and I think it will be perfect for a fish room. I don't think humidity will be a problem in this area either. I will have to snap you folks a pic when I get home.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….