• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Spray foam backgrounds

Taylor's Apistos

I am really interested in trying to build my own diy spray foam background. I am wondering if anyone here has done this, and what tips they could give me.
So far i plan to have pvc tubes for my hob filter intake tube, and heater, of course there will be inlets for the water to circulate to both. I also want some caves built into it, made out of small clay pots. I guess my main concern would be what I should paint it with. As of now I was thinking about the krylon fusion "stone-look" spray paint, accented with acrylic craft paint I would be topping it all with a thin brushed on layer of silicone, to combat chipping and peeling of the paint. Any input on this would be nice, anything from toxicity of the materials, to possible issues I could run into would be greatly appreciated.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….