• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

South American Biotope Attempt

murph3400

Good evening all,

I am attempting to set up a South American Tank. Need suggestions for plants. Will be stocking with Apistogramma, still researching subspecies. Thank you

Murph

MacZ

Depends on the exact biotope and how much you want to stick to the continent. So this list is for a South American only concept

Clearwater: Echinodorus, Vallisneria, Egeria, Staurogyne, Helanthium
Blackwater: some species of Echinodorus, some mosses.
both: Hydrocotyle, Limnobium, Salvinia, Phyllantus, Cabomba

rasmusW

5 Year Member
If you are looking for a nice floater i can recommend “Ludwigia Helminthorrhiza”.
I have them in my big tank. If given good conditions, it can grow up to atleast 5-10cm.
As far as i could read up on it it should be endemic to most of the upper part of south america.
I’m starting to look into “Heteranthera Reniformis” as another candidate... would be fun to see it bloom.

looking forward to see what you come up with.

-r

murph3400

Depends on the exact biotope and how much you want to stick to the continent. So this list is for a South American only concept

Clearwater: Echinodorus, Vallisneria, Egeria, Staurogyne, Helanthium
Blackwater: some species of Echinodorus, some mosses.
both: Hydrocotyle, Limnobium, Salvinia, Phyllantus, Cabomba
Thank you so much. I will look into these

murph3400

If you are looking for a nice floater i can recommend “Ludwigia Helminthorrhiza”.
I have them in my big tank. If given good conditions, it can grow up to atleast 5-10cm.
As far as i could read up on it it should be endemic to most of the upper part of south america.
I’m starting to look into “Heteranthera Reniformis” as another candidate... would be fun to see it bloom.

looking forward to see what you come up with.

-r
I will look into these as well. Thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….