• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Some pics of my second successful spawn - Triple Red Cacatuoides parents with fry

davidjp1982

Donating Member
Just thought I would share some pics of my Triple Red Cacatuoides pair with their fry at nearly 1 month old. Have 15 or so at this stage and decided to leave these with the parents as long as possible as they both seem attentive parents.

The dad...

fish 001.JPG

feeding on baby brine shrimp..
fish 002.JPG
fish 010.JPG

ChuckinMA

Very cool, I'm getting new fry every two weeks or so from my apistogramma cacatuoides

Is it just the pair in a breeding tank? How big is it? I'm planning on a setting up a separate breeding tank since my juvie Cacatouides have grown out and the triple red male looks like a really good specimen.

Is it just the pair in a breeding tank? How big is it? I'm planning on a setting up a separate breeding tank since my juvie Cacatouides have grown out and the triple red male looks like a really good specimen.
I am not currently taking the fry out. I'm letting them learn how to get it right. I usually let the parents raise the fry until they get a little size then catch them out. The apistogramma cacatuoides aren't there yet lol. My tank is 10 gallons with a male and two females. I have a little male in there because he was shipped as a female but was male and I don't have anywhere for him.

krudolph

Well, I thought I had my clan ready to go with two nice males and three females. I have now been informed they are all males. See the pic of one of my "females" below.....crap. I was told the females have black on their ventral fins as well as a couple of other key areas.

Attachments

• IMG_3072.JPG
    IMG_3072.JPG
    627.1 KB · Views: 310

krudolph

Yes, it does. Their brothers (2 original males) were so much larger it seemed plausable to a newbie. Contacted the seller and he just said "oh well".....Wished at least one would have been female. Put a WTB on the classified section a week or two ago and no hits. They talk about the caca being one of the most kept aptiso, but there doesn't seem to be much of a market for them. Anyone know of anyone with some for sale, obviously females ;)....I found a guy with some wild ones, but he is in Norway (he was the one that pointed out they were not females).

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….