• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sick male cockatoo dwarf cichlid

gregdonohoe

5 Year Member
Hi, I've had this cockatoo dwarf cichlid for about two months now, but this morning I noticed he was acting very strangely. He is hardly moving, and is lying on the bottom of the tank on his side. I remember noticing last night that he did not eat. Unfortunately, one of our females died a couple of days ago. We thought it was due to not getting enough food, the rummies and glowlights were too pushy and she was very small, but is it possible she had a bacterial infection and maybe our male is suffering from the same thing? Any help is much appreciated.

donaldscichlids

5 Year Member
Hi,
I am sorry to hear about your sick fish. How is he doing now? I recently had a similar problem with one of my Cacs also. I tried large water changes, adding a little saly and jacking up the temp and nothing worked, it still died:mad:

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RamigLag

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(