• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

sick Apisto agassizii

nir_tza

5 Year Member
Hi
I have a problem.. my female agassizii has a swallen white lip, the lower lip, i will try and post a picture but can someone help??:redface: :confused:
Thank you.
Nir

fishgeek

trauma and infection
is she still feeding
if so good clean water maybe all that is required to improve

if she is not eating i would assume that some oral discomfort with the swollen lip and treat fro secondary infection whether it be bacterial/fungal or both
as mike has repeatedly said in lower pH water fungal opportunistics seem to predominate

andrew

nir_tza

5 Year Member
she is still feeding but i am worried about her..
she is now in a 35g/130l tank and the water parameters are pH- 6.4 and 10ppm

nir_tza

5 Year Member
a few pictures of her..
agassizii001.jpg

agassizii002.jpg

agassizii022.jpg

agassizii025.jpg

fishgeek

is that actually raised above the rest of the fish?
does her right eye look slightly malpostioned ?

in some of the images it looks slightly different to me ie top one rt side 2nd more centrally placed? could there be somethnig that is actually slightly mobile attached to the fish here?

any chance you can net here and try to lift away the area?
fungal cultures will always lift off the fish
some caterial colonies (flexi/flavobacteria) wll generally lift away

may even be some parasite like a fluke though these are more common near the gills and in wild caught fish

andrew

koty

5 Year Member
The pH is way too high.
The peat extract might be of great help if it's not too late.
Agassizis wherever they come from will always appriciate some dissolved carbons.
The TDS you report is not a very informative parameter, µ-simens is more commonly used when biotopes are described.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….