• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Selling fish

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
Recently I had some jerks(edited by Neil) try to run a scam on me. It is a variation of the Nigerian thing. They want to buy fish and want to buy a lot of them. They are overseas and they want someone here in the states to send the moneyâ€â€it will be more than the fish are worth and they want you to send them the excess funds Western Union. These people obviously didn’t know anything about trop fish and that’s how I caught on. I am not saying that they got my name from the site but it is one obvious possibility and maybe you want to warn the folks.

dhm325

5 Year Member
I get a lot of email messages (recently 2 or 3 per month) from people trying to run different variants of the same scam. They apparently found my work email address on my law firm's webpage. Many other lawyers at my firm get similar messages. None of the messages involved fish. Usually it was a complicated securities transaction. The common theme in all of these scams is that the con-artists use peoples' greed to trick them into sending them money. They seem to tailor their schemes to what they can learn about the intended victim on the internet.

There is an FBI email address listed on the FBI website. I have forwarded some of the email messages I have received to the FBI, but I have not heard anything back.

mm12463

5 Year Member
I've gotten those too. One said he was the son of Taylor and now that his family has been sent out the country they need to blah blah.

I had fun screwing with the guy for about 2 weeks. It was amusing.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Back when I was trying to set up imports in 2002 I have a Nigerian trry to do the same thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RodsAquatics

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….