• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Seeking help with ID of these Apistos

grandsumomaster

Hello there,

I recently purchase a trio (now a pair) as A. Viejita, but I'm not so sure. Maybe more experienced members coul help me out.
Thanks, Bob
fullsizeoutput_8c6.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_8c7.jpeg

yukondog

5 Year Member
Looks like my Mac's, with a bit more red in them, but I'm sure the experienced will come on soon. Still nice looking.

Bowluvr

FWIW, real Apisto. viejita (Puerto Gaitan" locality) are available in the US hobby at this time as F1/F2. There are a few of us with wild fish that have been breeding and distributing fry for the past year, give or take. I run an Apistogramma Band group, where interested parties can find out who has these for sale. https://band.us/n/a9a931s9VdJbR All that is asked is that the groups rules are read and followed, and they are pretty basic. Currently, Jacob David has juvenile F1s available. Apistos Miguel may have F2s, but I'm not sure what he has ready to go right now. Anyway, any of you are welcome to join. Band does not limit sales the way Facebook does, which is why the group lives there. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….