• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ram pair bond

gingerbeer

5 Year Member
I have two pairs of Rams. I have decided I like the male from one pair and the female from the other pair,

Will they get over there previous relationships or not? Currently he is chasing her arounda fter sulking for an hour or so.

Steve

Hey apistomaster - the company I work for is based in Perth - How about an invite.

Last time I was there stayed in Freeo while the blues festival was on.

Cathy G

5 Year Member
Hi Steve,
The new 'pair' you are trying for may not spawn at all. Putting a male and female together doesn't guarantee they will bond and spawn. Your best bet is to turn up the temps and feed her high protein foods.
Cathy

Apistomaster

5 Year Member
I have two pairs of Rams. I have decided I like the male from one pair and the female from the other pair,

Will they get over there previous relationships or not? Currently he is chasing her arounda fter sulking for an hour or so.

Steve

Hey apistomaster - the company I work for is based in Perth - How about an invite.

Last time I was there stayed in Freeo while the blues festival was on.

Hi gingerbeer,
I'm not sure where you are referring to. I am in the far SE corner of the State of Washington, in a community that is a major staging point for wilderness and Jet boat trips up the Snake River rapids of Hell's Canyon. Beer is a major motivator here, in case that is important. lol.

gingerbeer

5 Year Member
Ooops - Read WA and thought of West Australia.

So - will bring the beer but won;t be this year. LOL

gingerbeer

5 Year Member
IMG_1023.jpg

This is my male - what do you think?

Cathy G

5 Year Member
He looks like a nice guy to have a beer with. :biggrin: What ever happened to their spawn?

Cathy

gingerbeer

5 Year Member
Only saved about 1/2 dozen that I can see. The tank is full of java moss and when I removed the parents also found a left over from a previous Ram spawn I though had been unsuccessful. He looked a bit fat.

The pair are now in another breeder and I am going to remove missus Ram straight after the act and give him a chance by himself to raise them.

Also planned this breeder to see if I can get pictures of them breeding - just for fun.

Steve

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….