• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ram Fry stay on bottom

Eric

5 Year Member
Hi Everyone,
Has anyone had fry that just slide around on the bottom of the tank? They eat and are growing but they don't swim correctly. I think I will have to destroy this batch. Does anyone know what causes this?
Thanks
Eric

nightowl1350

5 Year Member
Belly sliders are often cused by bacteria on the tank bottom as well. I've noticed a few in my blue ram spawns and my apisto spawns. I've never had any problems with my angel fry, but they swim more in the top of the tank than the rams and apistos for the first few weeks.

When I do my w/c on young fry I add the water back in with an airline hose (pail is set on the top of the tank) and I keep young BN plecos in with them to keep the bottom clean.

Sad to say, but most often they don't recover.....if they were just staying close to the bottom I would say wait and see. In this case I would destroy them and start fresh.

Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….