• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Quick Question!

@ kowallzki30

Hi, i was just wondering why apisto wiggle or slithers. I had cacatoo and saw him wiggling or slithering movement. His perfectly healthy by the way. I had them breeding like rabbits. Then i had another fire gold and macmasteri gold and saw the samr thing, at somepoint they do thesame movement like slithering or wiggling. And again they are healthy, no issues like diseas. I was just wondering why they do movement like that.

Attachments

• 20240529_225647.jpg
    20240529_225647.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20

@ kowallzki30

No. They just stay on a spot and moves like swaying its body like a snake does, they stay still on that exact spot.

MacZ

Compare it to us stretching after sitting at the desk for a while or if some gas is trapped in the guts. Fish like to feel comfortable too.

@ kowallzki30

Compare it to us stretching after sitting at the desk for a while or if some gas is trapped in the guts. Fish like to feel comfortable too.
Oh i see. So its normal then. I was just a bit worried why they do that movement. I dont see those movement on other fish.

MacZ

You won't see it very often in dwarf cichlids either. I've seen it in cichlids, characins, barbs and rainbowfish, but only once in a while. Maybe once a month and only if I'm looking closely over longer periods of time.

@ kowallzki30

You won't see it very often in dwarf cichlids either. I've seen it in cichlids, characins, barbs and rainbowfish, but only once in a while. Maybe once a month and only if I'm looking closely over longer periods of time.
I think we are not on the same track. Coz i only see this on apisto. I dont see other fish doing it.. i dont see any charqcin doing a wiggle like apisto does. Even on african cichlids.

MacZ

I don't think we're not on the same page. As I said, you won't see it often and it can be months apart seeing this behaviour. Last time I've seen it was on one of my pencilfish in march.

@ kowallzki30

I don't think we're not on the same page. As I said, you won't see it often and it can be months apart seeing this behaviour. Last time I've seen it was on one of my pencilfish in march.
I see it only in apisto. I havnt see any fish doing it.. i think we are not on the same thought of what i mean about apisto doing weird wiggle movement. Ill take a video if i saw him do that again.

MacZ

if you tried uploading to the forum, this won't work. It has to be hosted somewhere else, then linked/embedded here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zola23

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(