• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

price of fish

myfrostymember

5 Year Member
can someone tell me what the average or jsut a number close to something knowledgable for a price of different apistos at yoru local- lfs's

and if anyone knows about bn plecos albino regular and longfin that would be great also- prices

my lfs are not very great in my area-- couple are ok but there really arent very many and the ones that are here doent sell many apisto's or pleco's

also anyone who does sell to lfs's how big are your fish before you trade or sell them? apisto's pleco's or any fish you trade or sell?

Apistt_ed

myfrostymember said:
can someone tell me what the average or jsut a number close to something knowledgable for a price of different apistos at yoru local- lfs's

and if anyone knows about bn plecos albino regular and longfin that would be great also- prices

my lfs are not very great in my area-- couple are ok but there really arent very many and the ones that are here doent sell many apisto's or pleco's

also anyone who does sell to lfs's how big are your fish before you trade or sell them? apisto's pleco's or any fish you trade or sell?

Prices of fish are different everywhere you go from city to city and shop to shop. I have seen mystery by-catch apistos ranging from $5 / fish to not-so-often seen gems like elizabethae go for upwards of $100/ pair.

As for bn plecos, of the ones your mentioned, they will range from small one inch at about $3-$6 per fish to upwards of $50-$90/pair of fish that will breed true such as albino longfin bn. I have an aquaintance who does breed and sell all types of bn plecos and those are his quotes.

As for the selling or trading question, all fish sold or traded should be at least sexable unless stated. If you can tell if a fish is male or female, then it would be better and would be more pleasing to your lfs as they should be able to sell them easier versus unsexable fry.

In my experiences though, I have never made any kind of profit or seen any in all of my time keeping apistos or any fish. I do give them to petshops who are far more eager to give me some kind of store credit which does go alot further when I need more fish food or equipment or other fish.
I hope this clears some of your questions a little. john

blueblue

5 Year Member
Here in Hong Kong:

A pair of apisto can range from
US$5 a pair of tank-bred super red caca, double red tail aggie, etc
to US$300-$400 a pair of super-red german eliza,
N. Adoketa.

For plecos,
for adult L46, the price is about US$300 each for wildcaught,
US$230 each for tankbred; for L134, L66, L129, L191, L014, L007 (about 5-8cm long) the price is $25 each;
for L174, the price is $50 each; ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….