• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Precious Cacatuoides

Chris Boitz

Just want to share, I have a pair of Cacatuoides, Bozo and Bozette. Yesterday I noticed Bozette was bloated, so I set Bozette's hospital tank next to the aquarium, and Bozo has been hanging out next to her the whole time.
Precious!

Attachments

• 20180618_091723.jpg
    20180618_091723.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 368

Chris Boitz

Just an update. After two weeks of Kanaplex in the hospital tank, Bozette went back into the community. I figured by then whatever caused the bloating was probably gone, and if she was going to die, might as well be with her community. After one day back, she was eating and pooping again. She hadn't been at all during her hospital stay. Her stomach is still enlarged but her scales are all back to normal and color is returning more every day. Didn't expect such a positive result.

gerald

5 Year Member
Great news! Bloating in Apistos (and soft-water dwarf cichlids in general) tends to be more difficult to treat than in larger cichlids and hard-water cichlids. I've seen few Apistos recover from it. Of course bloating is a symptom, not a specific disease, and might have a wide range of causes - some infectious and some environmental. Will certainly keep Kanaplex in mind. Thanks for the follow-up report,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….