• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please ID Apisto's from Peru

Yan

5 Year Member
blueblue said:
are you sure they are all from Peru?
Yes.

Apistogramma #1 was sold to me as A. atahualpa, but I am sure it is not.
May be A. eunotos?

Apistogramma #2 was sold to me as A. sp. "Blue Eyes" .
It's look like A. Agassizii / A. Gephyra to me too , but I am not sure.

Yan

blueblue

5 Year Member
1. I do not think it is A. atahualpa (A. sp. Sunset)...
it looks so different to me...

2. Blue-eyes? ... it's a very new name to me...

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
If the fish are from Peru (and I am certain that they are) then the fish in #1 are A. sp. Masken/Masked

There appears to be 2 different species in #2: the top 3 photos show young males of A. bitaeniata; the bottom 3 fish are young A. agassizii (the top 2 are young males, the bottom 1 is probably a female). These 2 species commonly are shipped together.

Yan

5 Year Member
Mike Wise said:
If the fish are from Peru (and I am certain that they are) then the fish in #1 are A. sp. Masken/Masked.
I thought so , but I was misled by the color of the fish in pictures 4 and 5. I have never seen such color in A. sp. "Masken".

Mike Wise said:
There appears to be 2 different species in #2: the top 3 photos show young males of A. bitaeniata; the bottom 3 fish are young A. agassizii (the top 2 are young males, the bottom 1 is probably a female). These 2 species commonly are shipped together.
Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….