• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please help me 100% id Apistogramma Sp "Purple"

DJ_JD

5 Year Member
Hello Everyone

i would like to make sure that my apistogrammas species get identify correctly before i go off and start selling young ones with wrong ids and make things harder on everyone.

I got a pair of Apistogramma sp Purple from Scott Arney (for those of you who dont know him he imports wild cichlids and more fish from South America) anyways they have spawned for me twice now and some of the fry is getting to the point were i can start letting the bigger ones go either for BAP or to pass down to other members/friends. so before i do that i want to know/make sure if what i have is what is known as the Apistogramma sp Pebas "morado" or Purple.
(my photo skills give no justice to the male true colors here at home)
Apistogrammas056.jpg

Apistogrammas032.jpg

a lovely youngin
Apistogrammas047.jpg

Best Regards

Juan

tuna

5 Year Member
I also bought a wild pair from scott and having my second batch of fry. I can't get a good shot of my fish. But yours look like mine hope someone can confirm they are purples.

Apistomaster

5 Year Member
Is Scott still importing Peruvian Apistogramma and other fish?
I lost track of his web site's URL.
Thanks for any assistance you can render.
I am rehabbing my 125 gal and will begin shipping fish both in and out in April when I can safely use Express mail although I expect Scott uses an overnight delivery service. My experience shipping fish even overnight during the cold months has generally been bad. That is why I wait for the warmer weather to begin getting new fish from on line vendors.
Advanced thanks for any help in pointing me in the right direction.

DJ_JD

5 Year Member
Apistomaster.

He is right now he is moving the store down a BLOCK because of Landlord being a PITA, so he will hold any shipments till April.

(im about 99.9% he ships express (as a matter of fact i learned how to ship from him))

Mike: i will try to get a good photo of the male for better judgement (i came home tonight to find out the silicone in their tank got messed up and is slowly leaking)so i can put them in a tank Peat free and snap a photo there better.

Tune: when he got the list it read (keep in mind im Colombian and i know Spañol being my 1st native language) they were listes as Apistogramma Morados "Purple" i dont know if this helps clarify things or makes it worse.

tuna

5 Year Member
Tried to get a better picture of my Purple and this is the best so far.
Tom
IMG_0223.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….