• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pelvicachromis roloffi and pelvicachromis pulcher??

_BaDgUy_

5 Year Member
I was wondering if a femalle P. roloffi could breed with a male P. pulcher?
Not that I want them to breed together, but they are in the same tank, and there is no Mr. roloffi around, nor is there a Mrs. pulcher in the tank.

Also, anyone have an extra male P. roloffi that they could part with??

Thanks,
David

Neil

_BaDgUy_,

I was wondering if a femalle P. roloffi could breed with a male P. pulcher?

I doubt it. They are quite different animals, even though related by genera. But, I suppose that stranger things have happened.

Also, anyone have an extra male P. roloffi that they could part with??

I have some males, but it would cost so much to get them to Quebec it would be worth it. Try Oliver. Mine came from him originally.

Neil

_BaDgUy_

5 Year Member
Thanks for the info Neil :)
The female was in full breeding colors last evening, and was displaying to the male P. pulcher!!

I'll try Oliver, might have a chance there!

If not, I'd probably have them shipped to Tupper Lake.. :) I know shipping fish from the US to Canada is next to impossible!!

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Rolofffi are much more similar to subocellatus than pulcher. I doubt that they would interbreed.

jonah

5 Year Member
I used to have an Apistogramma steindachneri that had the hots for my female roloffi. Nothing ever came of it, but they definitly looked like they were interested in each other. 8O

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….