• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Panduro growth rate

RocketDuck

Hello all! I’m new here, and I just bought a Panduro yesterday. He’s about one inch, and it seems like his blue is just starting to peak out. Any estimates to when I can expect he’ll be bigger and fully colored? I’m in no rush obviously just curious. I already love his personality. If you’re familiar with Star Wars, I named him grand admiral thrawn based on what his adult color will be. Thank you!

Last edited:

RocketDuck

Hello all! I’m new hea here, and I just bought a Panduro yesterday. He’s about one inch, and it seems like his blue is just starting to peak out. Hes about 1 inch. Any estimates to when I can expect he’ll be bigger and fully colored? I’m in no rush obviously just curious. I already love his personality. If you’re familiar with Star Wars, I named him grand admiral thrawn based on what his silly color will be. Thank you!
Here he is

Attachments

• AA2292E5-5086-4F7A-8460-86FEB73A83DA.jpeg
    AA2292E5-5086-4F7A-8460-86FEB73A83DA.jpeg
    183.1 KB · Views: 180

Binjo

Could be a while. Although I know Panduro's are smaller than others. I have an Agassizii that I bought at about 1.5 inches with not much color at all. Very underfed. After a month and a half, he may be 2.5 inches now and just in the last week has had some impressive color / morphs.

What I am learning is that outside of base genetics, (which is important) diet and environment are almost just as important for growth and color.

Make sure you are feeding an appropriate and varied diet with spirulina and other color enhancing foods. I have been mixing Bug Bites Tropical, Xtreme Aquatic Krill flakes, and Baby Brine shrimp. Like I mentioned, the growth and color change have been incredible.

I bet in the next month you will see a lot of change if conditions are good.

RocketDuck

Thank you for your answer! I have been feeding frozen blood worms, freeze dried blood worms, and bug bites. I do have spirulina from when I was growing BBS, but how do you incorporate that into your fish’s diet? Do you soak your other foods in it? Thanks again!

Binjo

I haven't added spirulina to food yet. I know my Krill Flakes have it as an ingredient. I thought my baby brine shrimp did as well... but looking again I think only the regular frozen brine shrimp comes with spirulina (San Francisco brand)

I also have Repashy Soilent Green for my Otocinlus which is mostly spirulina, but interestingly has a picture of an Apisto on the label... May need to let my Agassizii try that

RocketDuck

Interesting. spirulina is not an ingredient in my bug bites either, but it is in my pleco wafers. Maybe I can try and sprinkle spirulina onto some wet bug bites and let it dry/bake it together haha. Sounds weird but if it works I’ll let you know. Otherwise I may try repashy, I have heard good things about that stuff as well

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewShNN

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….