• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Packers

fish-n-chips

One down and one to go!!!!!!!!!!
Guess that yellow in the Packers pants was GOLD!!! It was a great old time smath-mouth football game. Now go Steelers!

animalmgc

5 Year Member
student vs teacher

LeBeau vs Capers the now Dcoord against the old Steelers coord when LeBeau was his student.I really like the Packers and all but LeBeau is going to school the teacher HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO Pitts winning the SB

georgedv

5 Year Member
I have never heard of Ap. Packers or Ap. Bears. Are they a new apisto from north america. Must not be too tropical. Any one know what parameters they need to thrive....pH Coors or Bud, are they aggressive?

Any one have pictures of them?

g

dconnors

LeBeau vs Capers the now Dcoord against the old Steelers coord when LeBeau was his student.I really like the Packers and all but LeBeau is going to school the teacher HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO Pitts winning the SB
I think that there is some debate here; LeBeau was Capers assistant when the "zone-blitz" was created. I googled the whole Capers vs LeBeau thing and the article that I found said this: "The 73-year-old LeBeau - who was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame last summer - is generally considered the architect of the scheme and the father of the "zone blitz," even though he was Capers' assistant when it was created. He had all the experience when they first coached together - and roomed together - with the Steelers."

The same article also says: "They had some historic ideas, actually, in the three years they worked together on the infamous "Blitzburgh" teams of the early '90s. Bill Cowher, then the Steelers' new head coach, was a former Chiefs defensive coordinator. Capers had been the Saints' defensive backs coach. LeBeau had already spent eight years as a defensive coordinator. And their linebackers coach was Marvin Lewis, then a budding defensive genius who would later win a Super Bowl as the defensive coordinator of the 2000 Baltimore Ravens.
What that high-level think tank created together was the famed "zone blitz" that nearly every team in the NFL uses in some form today. It can be a particularly effective and devastating defense when run out of a 3-4 formation. That's the version Capers, now McCarthy's defensive coordinator in Green Bay, runs with the Packers, and the one LeBeau uses in Pittsburgh."

This was an online article from the NY daily news. I would say that the general consensus among most sports analysts is that Lebeau is the teacher and Capers is the student, although I would have to gather from the article that it (the "zone-blitz") was a collaborative effort. None-the-less it should be an awesome game, I can really see this going either way, but I think the absence of Maurkice Pouncey really will be the difference in this game
Liverpool v. Chelsea will be more interesting!
C'mon man!!! Go Packers! I know you're from Wisconsin. I'm from Michigan and would give anything just to see the Lions get there. I still can't get over the fact that the Lions beat both teams that went to the NFC championship game...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….