• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to the forum

Subtle Aquatics

Hey guys, names eric. Some of you may know me from plantedtank or shrimp spot as subtle tanks 91. I have in recent years gotten into apistogramas after bleeping and breeding many sp of fish. I think apistogramas are definatly among my favorite, there simplicity, parenting, and beauty is what captivates this species for me. I currently have a pair of trifasciatas and a pair of hongsloi. In the next few weeks I'll be setting up a seperate breeding tank for the hongsloi.

I also keep a high tech planted tank, and a low tech moss and Buce shrimp tank.

Subtle Aquatics

So here are some photos of my tanks and live stock as well as my small Buce and moss collection
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Subtle Aquatics

The one with the hollow blocks is my shrimp tank. I breed Taiwan bees tibees snow whites and goldens. But it's mainly my moss and Buce grow out to sell.

That was my male hongsloi 2, sadly he disappeared behind my dresser and I didn't notice until two weeks later.

I have recently picked up a promising juvinile hongsloi 2 the guy at the Lfs said its a female but he is an inch and a quarter long. And there is red pigment starting to show and spread along the caudal dot, this makes me think it will be a male.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewShNN

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….