• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New pictures of plant tank

farm41

5 Year Member
No camera yet, I wish. I just wrote the date of the refill on the bottle, each bottle will last about 4 weeks. Try the recipe in the previous post, it has been the standard for many people for years. The baking soda helps to buffer the solution and the yeast will last longer before the alcohol kills it. A full tsp of yeast will make it produce quicker but also use all the sugar faster too. Cut back to 1/8tsp yeast, 2 cups sugar and a pinch of baking soda, fill 2 liter bottle to top of label or 3 inches below top.

HTH

Eva32181

5 Year Member
Will do. Let me know when you get that camera.

I'm going to order an apisto book online tonite. And eventually go to bed, and get some sleep for a change.

farm41

5 Year Member
There is a good discussion going on over at Toms Place on conductivity , which relates directly to water hardness or lack of. Even a mention of water softener pillows.

Eva32181

5 Year Member
Thank you. I had never even heard of tom's place. Will read.

Right now, the lights on all my aquariums have been out for an hour, and I'm watching my crayfish come out of his cave to get some fresh food I out in there for him. 8) Such a cool little critter! Too bad he would destroy my plant tank!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….